This is not my own recipe, but I am sharing it because I made this Melon Banana Strawberry Smoothie after seeing it shared online and it was sooo good, especially in the baking hot weather we have had this last few weeks.
The recipe comes from a very cool app which is available from Babymoov and is called the ‘Cooking Babyfood’ app. It is free to download from Apple & Play stores and I heartily recommend it as it is full of really nice recipes and ideas such as this one.
It looks like the app was created to help with the promotion of the Babymoov NutriBaby blender, which does look like a cool piece of kit but I can’t comment on that as I don’t own one and have never used one. I do have a blender though and it worked perfectly well for this easy to follow recipe.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Cooling Time: 20/30 minutes
Serving: 1 decent glass (to share with your weaning baby or give to a toddler)
150g melon (about half of one, not a watermelon though)
NB: You will need a vegetable steamer or something that does a similar job.
- Set your water to boil in the steamer
- Remove the skin and seeds of the melon.
- Wash the strawberries and remove the stalks.
- Cut the melon and bananas into pieces and put them in the steamer.
- Steam them for 5 minutes.
- Put the steamed melon & banana into the blender, add the strawberries and blend them until you get a very smooth texture.
- Pour into a glass and pop it in the fridge to rest and cool for half an hour.
Once it has completely chilled then serve and enjoy your Melon Banana Strawberry Smoothie with your little one and be super-pleased with yourself at the 100% natural treat you made for your baby.
Perhaps then celebrate with a bottle of Cava and finish the left over strawberries with that! That worked for me later that evening…Aldi Cava, if you haven’t tried it yet then you are seriously missing out!